Our rail client is currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager, for 18 months paying £500 P/D London based.
Role: Senior Commercial Manager
Digital or Non-Digital: Non Digital
Contracting Authority: Network Rail
Contract Length: 18 months
There is a possibility of working from home 2 days per week.
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umbrella - £500
Security Clearance: DBS
Interview Process: Microsoft Teams – one stage
The Commercial team 'outside' the Alliance hold the role of "Owner Representative". This is a business critical role required by the contract to undertake the roles and responsibilities and gains the Authority to Contract and Vary on behalf of the Alliance. This role cannot be held 'inside' the Alliance as it must be independent and acting to protect Network Rail's interests as the Owner.
• Responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and providing feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
• Responsible for the commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation & progress meetings as necessary.
• Initiate estimating and risk & value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
• Lead the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated Quantitative Risk Assessment and Value Management Workshops.
• Responsible for monitoring and managing all project reporting such that it is accurately maintained and recorded in accordance with company reporting systems. Explain all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Finance & Commercial Director [Region] / Programme Commercial Manager/Programme Director, proposing mitigating actions at the earliest opportunity.
• Lead and deploy the commercial team in the management of all live projects ensuring they are are adequately resourced from a commercial perspective.
• Provide pro-active expertise, advice and governance on all contract/scope changes in accordance with change control systems, recommending or authorising appropriate action within delegated authority and progressing the timely resolution of contract variations.
• Manage all commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with contractual conditions to confirm whether Network Rail’s contractual position is clearly defined.
• Identify emerging problems, report contractual claims & support in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with Regional/Functional management as appropriate.
• Establish appropriate compliance controls and audit regimes to achieve adherence to Network Rail's relevant procedures, Group and company standards.
• Lead the final account settlements on all projects to manage close out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. Monitor all multi-year framework agreements, to agreement and reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
• Support demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects and feedback