Our rail client is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager, on a 3 month contract paying £500 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Contract Length: 3 months
Location: London, – working from home possibly 2 days per week by prior arrangement
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £500 per day
• Must have depth analytic experience and someone who is a bit of an expert with Excel
• Must have data analysis – spreadsheets, pivot table, report writing. Advanced Excel skills required.
• Rail – ideal not essential
• Must have Health and Safety Management System
• Knowledge of maintenance processes and techniques
• Knowledge of investigations process and techniques
• NEBOSH - essential
1. Provide support and guidance to the Head of Maintenance Delivery and Head of Operations Delivery and teams on all workforce health, safety and environmental matters.
2. Provide support in the collation and analysis of workforce health, safety & environment data.
3. Check that health, safety and environment management systems are adhered to.
4. Support the implementation of national safety improvement programmes and take the national lead on designated activities.
5. Provide guidance to the Head of Maintenance Delivery and Head of Operations Delivery and teams in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents and the Formal Investigation Process.
6. Coordinate and monitor safety tours and staff surveillance for the teams.
7. Identify key risks and make recommendations for control measures.
8. Take an active role in developing the teams in matters of workforce health, safety and the environment.
9. Initiate appropriate analysis to identify adverse trends and make recommendations on corrective action.
10. Monitor the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents including ownership by an appropriate Designated Competent Person (DCP).
11. Provide support in the monitoring and reporting of progress to close out non-conformance reports and audit / self-certification actions.
12. Provide support to the Head of Maintenance Delivery and Head of Operations Delivery and teams when interfacing with external safety and environmental bodies
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 21st October
Interview Process: via MS teams
Please note if the CV deadline is amended (and it may if there are enough applicants) you will be given 1 hours’ notice before the role is halted/closed.
Please email me if you have any questions on: email@example.com