One of well established rail contractor is hiring! They have a fantastic opportunity for an Environment and Sustainability Manager to join their team on a permanent basis based in Surrey offering Hybrid working to work around you,
How you will make an impact:
Enhancing, communicating and driving successful implementation of the client's Sustainability and Environmental Strategy through collaboration
Ensuring that the client complies with relevant Environmental legislation, Railway Group, Network Rail and London Underground Standards and all other relevant statutory requirements.
Ensuring that the client complies with Local Authority requirements and best practice
Maintaining a physical presence on sites, evidence gathering and conducting environmental impact surveys ensuring the highest standard of environmental and sustainability is established and maintained
Ensuring high Health and Safety standards are adhered to
Producing and reviewing Environmental Plans, Site Waste Management Plans and Green Travel Plans required for projects.
Conducting ecology inspections and noise impact assessments on worksites
Producing and reviewing environmental risk assessments
Ensuring Lowery are at the forefront of Industry and Client Social Value, environmental and sustainability initiatives using SWOT and PESTLE analysis
Proactively creating and reviewing method statements, and related project environmental and sustainability documentation.
Developing and delivering training and communications related to Sustainability Environmental initiatives.
Conducting the wellbeing, sustainability and environmental aspects of all induction training including company and project inductions
Conducting relevant audits and following through on recommendations
Managing environmental related incidents
Important to have:
• Good knowledge of Sustainability and Social Value
• Good knowledge of Environmental legislation
• A thorough understanding of Sustainability, Wellbeing and Environmental contractual requirements would be desirable
• An Environmental or Sustainability Degree (or working towards)
• An Environmental Noise Measurement qualification (Institute of Acoustics) (or working towards)
• Formal auditing qualification (or working towards)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A proactive collaborator with good influencing skills
• Ability to deliver with good attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills
• Supply Chain Sustainability School Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR)
• Knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment processes and techniques
• Medically fit (passing of Network Rail and London Underground medicals and drugs & alcohol screening is a requirement for the position)
• Valid UK driving licence