Job title: Construction Manager
Location: Kent, Sussex and Wessex
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 plus package
My client is a major Contractor in the Railway industry with work spanning over 30 years. With their unique approach to delivery of high profile projects, this has allowed them to win new projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to broaden their experience and join an organisation where new projects are won constantly.
Following recent award of the 5 year Structural Integrity Framework with Network Rail Capital Delivery in Southern Route, we have the following opportunity to join a Tier 1 Principle Contractor.
The Framework supports the delivery of maintenance works predominantly on masonry structures, following survey/specification by a Network Rail Structures Inspector. Our delivery teams will access the structures by various planned methods, to clear vegetation and carry out repairs to brickwork etc.
• Experience of working with brick constructed structures (viaducts, arches etc.)
• Sentinel (essential)
• Railway experience
• Plan and book traffic management
• Liaise with internal planning team to book track access and contribute to SSoW/ALO planning
• Plan with the project team to ensure appropriate arrangements for materials, access, storage, traffic management etc. to facilitate the efficient undertaking of the work are in place
• Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure works are programmed efficiently
• Issue work instructions to sub-contractors in line with clients scope
• Monitor progress of works and undertake regular site visits and inspections, and correct where necessary, the standard and methods of work, being always vigilant for inadequacies
• Identify and timely reporting of changes/additional work to internal Project team, ensuring continuation of programmed works on site
• Monitor and identify any safety, quality, environment issues/good practice, aided by the use of HSQE site inspections. You will be responsible for ensuring that actions are closed out in a prompt manner and that lessons learnt are embedded
• Monitor and update site progress and completion through Network Rail’s monitoring/reporting application
• Communicate progress to Network Rail Construction Management team and arrange regular joint site visits
• Communicate progress to internal Project team, keeping up to date detailed site diaries for each site
• Prepare for and attend periodic client progress meetings with the Project Manager
• Ensure works comply with all company policies and procedures as well as Network Rail company standards, all applicable procedures and legislation
• There may be the requirement for night shifts