Location: working remotely, but can work in London OR Leeds offices if they would like to.
Pay Rate to Candidate: 450PD/Umb
The analyst will need to:
• Liaise with HMCTS to access appropriate data.
• Review the data including an assessment of its robustness and limitations.
• Clean the data systematically as necessary and convert into a useable format for statistical analysis.
• Design statistical analysis plan including details of analysis to be done including sub-group analysis and trend analysis, any limitations and assumptions and quality assurance protocol.
• Agree statistical analysis plan with Govt policy team and Govt analysts providing oversight.
• Deliver the agreed analysis including responding to quality assurance issues.
• Write up the analysis findings and method used for a technical audience.
• Produce a 4-page policy focused paper on the key findings.
• Carry out other ad hoc statistical analysis as requested.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience and skills in selecting appropriate statistical tests to apply to real world problems using management information data.
• Extensive experience and skills of applying strong quantitative analytical skills including statistical analysis techniques suitable for impact evaluation (e.g. propensity score matching) and analysis of relationships between variables.
• Excellent experience in coding for analysis and evaluation, using R.
• Comfortable working with and manipulating large datasets (1millions row +).
• Strong ability to work collaboratively with and build relationships with stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical work effectively to a wide range of audiences, including being able to translate complex analytical work to senior non-analytical colleagues.
• Strong skills in problem-structuring and solving.
• Strong ability to work independently.
• Fully Competent in MS Packages (Excel, Powerpoint, Teams).
• Basic knowledge of SQL (querying a database).
• Experience using Athena.
• Experience in creating a data visualisation Dashboard in PowerBI,R or Python