Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, on a 9-12 month contract paying £400 p/d outside IR35 remote.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop, modify, and maintain elements of services that people see and interact with.
You will work with agile, multidisciplinary teams, collaborating with Delivery Managers, User Researchers, Business Analysts, Test Automation Engineers, Technical Architects, and other Software Engineers to deliver world-class services designed for the people who use them.
You will follow TDD principles and be responsible for the operational stability and resilience of the products you build. You’ll place an emphasis on assurance automation and CI/CD principles to deliver quality outcomes in line with engineering strategy and industry best-practice.
You will also be required to exhibit technical leadership and support to less experienced software engineering to assure an excellent standard of code quality within the team. Essential skills/experience:
· At least 5 years working within an agile team environment with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role
· Java - Spring Boot
· Build tool - Maven
· TDD - JUnit
· NoSQL database experience (familiarity with MongoDB is beneficial)
· CI - Git
· CI/CD tooling – GitLab CI
· Experience in working with containers (e.g. Docker) Desirable skills/experience:
· Microservices and Event driven architecture.
· Dropwizard Nice to have skills/experience: