Responsible for overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. They will play a key role in project governance, working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable the projected benefits to be realised. Design the project structure appropriate to stage, selecting and applying relevant delivery methodologies. Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked, and owned. Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Ensure effective change management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders. Experience in the delivery of projects, governance and risk control frameworks.
• Qualified to degree standard (or equivalent) in a relevant science, engineering, geography, surveying discipline (or equivalent) and potentially have or be working towards a professional accreditation.
• We are seeking someone with a passion for delivering projects, handling programmes, managing contractors and finances. You’ll also have experience in building relationships within a team and with internal and external customers and partners.
• Willingness to learn and develop (continuous improvement)
• At least 2 - 5years experience in programme and project management and/or asset management, preferably in the construction industry.
• Direct contractor management experience
• CDM role experience (minimum 2 yrs) as a client (designer in experience in addition an advantage)
• •A thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and practices including Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM)
• Effective planning skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and deliver results to tight deadlines
• You’ll be a good problem solver with an ability to make timely decisions
• Ability to work as part of a team or on your own.
• A good understanding of appropriate safe working practices.
• An understanding of flood risk and how it is managed would be desirable.
• IT skills; excellent microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills
• Full UK driving licence
• PRINCE 2