Job Title : Principal Consultant (Climate Change / Sustainability)
Location : London
Salary :£45,000 - £55,000
My client is one of the UK’s leading independent environmental consultancies, specialising in environmental assessments, planning, policy advice and sustainability.
With a team comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry, the team enjoys working on the most exciting and complex projects, where clients can leverage the full value of their insight
Due to their growing portfolio of work the are seeking to add an energetic, enthusiastic and
dedicated Principal Consultant to join their Air Quality & Climate Change team. You will take
a lead role in the delivery and management of climate change projects, helping to grow the
business in this area as well as to further build my client’s market presence.
My client is seeking an
experienced Principal Consultant to further
strengthen the climate change capacity and
expertise within the team. You will have the
opportunity to help shape the future of our work in
what is a fast moving, globally important and
exciting topic area.
As a senior member of the team, you will have
proven experience in all aspects of consultancy.
You will contribute to the development of business
area strategy, lead projects and bids and provide
support to the development of more junior
The role will contribute to existing projects and
play a lead role in further developing our portfolio
of climate change work in the UK and
internationally. It is anticipated that this will include
the management, technical leadership and
winning of projects. The successful candidate will
be responsible for helping to develop and deliver
a strategy for the climate change business area,
working alongside the Senior Technical Director.
Your expertise, experience, network of contacts
and interests will contribute significantly in setting
our future strategic direction in this area.
• Work with the Senior Technical Director to
provide leadership of business development and
delivery in the climate change area.
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the
following fields: climate change mitigation
analysis, low carbon technologies and energy
efficiency, climate change vulnerability and
adaptation assessment, greenhouse gas
emissions inventories/assessment, emissions
trading systems, Monitoring Reporting and
Verification (MRV) system development, climate
change policy development/analysis, UK/EU/UN
climate change legislation and processes.
• Lead and contribute to a wide variety of climate
change analysis, advice and capacity building
• Provide technical direction and oversight on
projects within the team including writing,
checking and review of deliverables.
• Have financial/commercial responsibility for
projects and tenders
• Develop client relationships and win new work.
• Undertake bidding work including preparing,
contributing to and reviewing bids/tenders.
• Communicate, liaise and collaborate effectively
with clients and colleagues.
• Help grow and develop the wider team through
mentoring and line management.
Successful candidates will have:
• A passion for the environment and delivering
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field with
further degree or professional qualification.
• Specialism in one or more key climate change
• A proven track record of managing and taking
responsibility for delivering successful projects of
• Experience of leading project teams, including
the development of team members.
• Experience of leading bids, including the
management of bid teams, development of
methodology and presentations.
• Strong networking capability and a welldeveloped network of contacts.
• Confidence, excellent written and oral
communication skills, energy and enthusiasm,
and a creative approach to problem solving.
It will be desirable if you:
• Are a nationally or internationally recognised
expert in your technical field.
• Have experience of developing and delivering