The candidate would be expected to deliver a wide range of analytical tasks, including:
- Extract data from MI systems using software such as SQL or R
- Prepare clean, useable dataset for analysis
- Develop a Reproducible Analytical Pipeline to enable the process of data extraction and cleaning to be repeated
- Conduct analysis of data using different statistical techniques to provide insights into the various services
- Undertake appropriate quality assurances processes ensuring work is clearly annotated and understandable to different users
- Manage relationships with data owners to ensure data access and transfer is arranged in a timely manner
As the lead for the MI analysis, the candidate would also be expected to be an active member of supporting contractors to gain access to data for analysis.
Required Skills & Experience
• Strong quantitative analysis skills.
• Data manipulation skills and experience of applying them.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Experience and working use of analytical software. Preferably candidates will have past experience either with SQL or R (ideally both).
• Experience of implementing a Quality Assurance process to ensure robust analysis (i.e. to Aqua Book Standards), including recording changes to datasets for audit purposes.
• The ability to present evidence and analysis clearly, both in written communications and verbally.
• Experience working with operational staff or contractors to ensure timely access to data and support in building understanding across MI systems.
• Track record of becoming familiar with complex social issues at pace
• Experience of collaborating with a wide range of teams and contacts simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders.