Our government client are currently looking for a Data Coherence Officer to join them on a contract basis.
Security Clearance: SC
CV Deadline: Tues 14th June
Interview Process: TBC
Compliance rules – policies – working with this team
Capture in technical release readiness assessments
Working with projects assuring evidence gathered correctly
Hands on experience with working through risks
Project / programme management background – understand constraints of this – worked with
Technical background – comms systems
Degree of Technical competence
Comfortable with understanding project / programmes
Good communication skills
Through early engagement, gaining an understanding of the business, Information/Data requirements /flows/sources, and technologies employed and how these fit into the wider enterprise, using this insight to review and influence projects’ requirements to help ‘shape’ and ensure alignment Defence Policy, strategy and evolving shape of the Defence Enterprise.
• Providing advice and guidance to projects throughout their development and acting as a conduit to gain access to other SME advice as necessary covering:
o Architectures: Coherence with Defence Enterprise Architectures and policies helping to drive convergence, coherence and re-use of ICT components.
o Security: Ensuring that a bigger picture view covering the end to end capability is assessed and appropriate, Cyber measures are in place, electromagnetic emissions are addressed.
o Service/Capability Support: Implementation of adequate and appropriate service support and business continuity measures are in place to comply with policy and meet the business risk appetite.
o Safety: Ensure that delivered capabilities and services achieve Safety & Environmental requirements and standards.
o End to End Performance: Assessment of the capabilities in the environment in which they are intended to operate.
o Electromagnetic Spectrum: Ensuring compliance with Defence Policy on use of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
o Service Development: Assist Programme and Project Managers to ensure that service supplier’s plans and products are aligned with strategy, coherent with the relevant technical architectures and compliant with policies and standards.
• Meeting regularly with Stakeholders to ensure evidence is gathered and assurance process is gradual rather than a cliff edge moment.
• Determining the risks associated with and the impact of releasing /changing/removing capabilities from Defence’s Communication & Information Systems networks early on to enable their mitigation.
• Conducting assessments against JSP 604 (and other artefacts), producing Technical Release Readiness Assessment reports to capture the design and associated residual risks to the Defence Network.
• Ensuring implementation of the assessment recommendations and risk mitigation actions by the team delivering the capability.
• Helping to scope test scenarios required for the capability domains to demonstrate adequate performance and operation