A career in engineering pipeline repair!
Graduate applicants will be considered
Bilingual French and English speakers are encouraged to apply!
We are one of the UK’s leading companies in engineered composite repair of pipelines in both the offshore and onshore petro chemical industries. We are looking to expand our team with a qualified Mechanical Engineer who has previous knowledge and experience of pipeline and pressure vessel design and repair. You must be familiar with the ISO 24817 and ASME PCC2. Previous experience of composite repair calculations is preferred. Successful candidates will be problem solving individuals who are well organised and can prioritise their task load, they will be keen to travel to meet customers and have commercial awareness in order to continue the growing success of the business.
The Mechanical Engineer’s role will include the following tasks:
• Complete design specifications and calculations which meet industry standards and the needs of our customers
• Ability to apply a robust knowledge of the standards ISO 24817 and ASME PCC2 to various repair circumstances, using your understanding and knowledge to support repair design proposals
• Prepare supporting design calculations to ISO/ASME standards
• Carry out engineering design / calculations and produce design reports/technical notes
• Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and projects team
• Produce design documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation
• Assist clients with new enquiries and technical queries
• Complete Risk Assessments and Method Statements for repairs
• Lead on the technical communication with our customers in response to their queries
• React to changing situations by adapting design specifications and calculations at short notice
• Support the sales team by attending presentations to customers both in the UK and abroad
• Take a lead on composite testing to relevant standards to keep Metalyte Pipeworks repair solutions innovative and cutting edge, this will include practical work assembling testing coupons and spools as well as liaising with external testing laboratories to complete tests and analyse results
• Implement changes to documentation as and when necessary
• Complete weekends on-call as part of the technical teams’ rota, reacting promptly and professionally to any emergency repairs that are sent in during the weekend
• Support changes and improvements to internal business processes
Location: Work split between home working for three days a week, two days a week will be in our office in Tamworth, Staffordshire UK
International travel: Yes
UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport required: Yes