REMOTE WORKING CONSIDERED.
Travel once a quarter to a variety of countries around the world (All inclusive).
Destinations including: France. Middle East (Abu Dabi), Kongo, Australia and many more.
A career in engineering pipeline repair!
We are one of the UK’s leading companies in the engineered composite repair of pipelines in both the offshore and onshore petrochemical industries. We are looking to recruit a qualified Mechanical Engineer who has previous knowledge and experience of pipeline and pressure vessel design and repair. You must be familiar with the ISO 24817 and ASME PCC2. Previous experience of composite repair calculations is preferred. Successful candidates will be problem-solving individuals who are well organised and can prioritise their task load, they will be keen to travel to meet customers and have commercial awareness in order to continue the growing success of the business.
You will work alongside the Senior Engineer, providing calculations (in line with the above standards) for repair design specifications and validating the repair method they put forward. You will write up repair specifications and will design appropriate diagrams for these specifications. We are constantly developing new methods and techniques to service our customers’ requirements; you must, therefore, be a creative thinker who seeks to support innovation. We will rely on you to evaluate new systems and methods to ensure they comply with appropriate standards, and you will work with testing laboratories to do the same.
We are a growing company who hold a niche position within our field, with a highly trained team of technicians we can offer you the opportunity of learning new skills that are at the cutting edge of pipe repair. We are a people company first and foremost, and employ loyal, friendly and well-skilled technicians to represent our company.
This is a 24/7 response business you will, therefore, be required to respond to customer emergencies in ‘out-of-hours’ periods.
Benefits of working for the company include a competitive salary, 20 days holiday including three days at Christmas (as well as public and bank holidays), a pension scheme and the benefit of private health insurance after one year’s service with us.
The Junior Mechanical Engineer’s role will involve working with the Senior Engineer to:
• Complete design specifications and calculations which meet industry standards and the needs of our customers
• Prepare supporting design calculations to ISO/ASME standards
• Carry out basic hand calculations and produce design reports/technical notes
• Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and projects team
• Produce design documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation
• Assist clients with new enquiries and technical queries
• Lead on the technical communication with our customers in response to their queries
• React to changing situations by adapting design specifications and calculations at short notice
• Provide advice and support to teams on repair jobs
• Assess potential repairs by attending site visits as required
• Support the sales team by attending presentations to customers both in the UK and abroad
• Take a lead on product testing to relevant standards to keep Metalyte Pipeworks repair solutions innovative and cutting edge
• Implement changes to documentation as and when necessary