Our Nuclear client is currently looking for a Training lead for a 12 months Seascale based contract inside IR35.
The candidate must be able to go through the SC clearance and work on site between 3 to 5 days a week.
The Training Lead provides day-to-day direction to the Training Developers, Instructors and Senior Trainers across a number/range of programmes/ courses within the Directorate in line with legal, business and organisational needs. The Training Lead supports the Head of Training and/or Training Manager in implementing appropriate governance arrangements to ensure training risks are mitigated.
• Serves as a role model for safety performance and is demonstrative in setting the priority for safety in the training community.
• Ensures compliance with all legal, regulatory and statutory training requirements.
• Acts as an interface with OU/Line delivery teams in ensuring training meets their needs.
• Provides day-to-day direction to the training team of developers, instructors, and senior trainers.
• Supports the resolution of technical barriers/issues with developers, instructors and senior trainers.
• Sets daily work priorities in conjunction with Training Manager.
• Ensures classrooms or training facilities are appropriate, ready and suitably equipped for training delivery.
• Works through emergent training requests/issues and schedules resources to support these requests. Will involve changing direction and priorities as needed.
• Works with the Training Coordinators to schedule training.
• Schedules and performs routine instructor evaluations and post training evaluations.
• Supports definition of performance objectives for developers, instructors and senior trainers with the training manager.
• Provides performance feedback and development suggestions to the training manager for developers, instructors and senior trainers.
• Develops operations experience feedback to share across the wider training community and disseminates to the developers, instructors, senior training and training coordinators in the Directorate as applicable.
• Monitors, reports and corrects as necessary training performance.
• Delivers and reports on appropriate, meaningful and visible training metrics/KPIs.
• To the Directorate management to provide quality training services that are compliant, effective and efficient training and meet the training needs of the Directorate.
• To the Training Manager to support implementation of governance arrangements to ensure appropriate legislative, regulatory, environmental, safety and quality requirements are complied with across their area of responsibility.
• To the Training Manager to ensure goals of training within the Directorate to meet the delivery business needs/execution plan.
• To the Directorate Head of Training/Training Manager to meet deadline dates for work activities and corrective actions.
• To stop training at any time if this compromises safe or effective operations.
• To provide day-to-day work direction to developers, instructors and senior trainer including changes in work assignments and priorities.
• To perform instructor evaluations and provide feedback.
- Ability to analyse data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to hold dialogue at all levels of the business.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a customer service capacity
- Good level of IT literacy in MS Office suite.
- Experience in delivering or supporting change/improvement activities.
- Ability to obtain SC security clearance and C1/C2 access.
- Previous work in banking reviewing trends in data for example
- Training background
- Compliance understanding
- Reporting and data
- Customer interface
- Strong stakeholder management
- Dealing with customers
- Reporting against progress
- More project based