Yamal LNG project

Yamal LNG project

Since the 1990s the Yamal Peninsula has been a region of strategic interest as 11 gas fields and 15 oil, gas and condensate fields have been discovered, probably the largest gas reserves in the world. The largest gas fields, for which Gazprom owns the licenses, are Bovanenkovo, Kharasavey, Novoportovo, Kruzenshtern, Severo-Tambey, Zapadno-Tambey, Tasiy and Malygin fields.

Several companies are investing in the region to recover the large gas reserves despite the toughest working conditions (boggy land, short daylight periods during the winter season, remote area with no local workforce available)

Gazprom started in 2007 the preparatory works for the Bovanenkovo gas field, the largest gas field of the peninsula which was commissioned in October 2012. The annual production started at 8 million cubic meters (bcm) and this should increase to 75-115 bcm by 2017.

Another major project is the Yamal LNG project that includes the development of the South Tambey (Tambeyskoye) gas field, located near Sabetta in the Yamal peninsula.

Yamal LNG, a 80% subsidiary of Novatek is engaged in the engineering and design work and will then be the operator of the project. CBI Lummus carried out the FEED work completed in 2012. The company Total holds the remaining 20% interest in the project.

The project is being developed in 3 phases and is expected to be completed by 2018.

We should expect a total investment of $15Bn to $20Bn for the project.

Dates: 2012- 2018

Sources: Novatek, Gazprom and hydrocarbons-technology.com websites as well as Wikipedia

Please rate

More Projects

Comments  [14]

  Ctrl + Enter
Gaber Ismael Abo Hassan  

Hi, I am Gaber. I worked for 6 years in SEGAS, LNG plant, as rotating equipment engineer. I am interested in working at Yamal


I am interested to work in yamal Lng as a commissioning lead


I work 10 years in rasgas as DCS senior panel operator intersted to joined the yamal project commissioning team

Jegan Sugumaran 

Hi My Name Jegan I am looking for Piping welding Painting Inspection role Any openings contact through my email


I am looking for Senior / Lead Instrument & Control Engineer job please inform me at anthonypangras@hotmail.com

Aneesh Kumar 

Quality control and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level 3 in RT, UT, MT, PT and PCN Level 2 in MT, PT, RI, UT with 14 plus years of experience in Non-destructive testing and quality control in Oil and Gas, Marine, Petrochemical, Power industry in Offshore and Onshore. please contact me aneeshta.7@hotmail.com

yayat sutaryat 

i am looking UT PCN lvl 2 , AUT , ASNT mt/pt Job. if any requirement pls mail me

Norwin i. De villa 

Hi im norwin de villa instrument tecnician 2 years in maitenance ...2 years experience in instrument construction in samsung engineering. ..

Larbi Hammoun 

Iam Looking for process Operations Trainer or Control Room Operations

Mariden Purba 

1.6 years experience in Yamal LNG project Batam,Indonesia as construction superintendent and finished contract in Siemens Pte Ltd company. If any requirement as Construction superintendent or steel supervisor pls consider me can joint with your company.Thank


I m looking Piping Engineer jobs, if any requirements please Mail me

Kevin Lazaro  

I believe that there is a position as Workshop Engineer. How do I go about applying for this psition?

Jabaranes Samosir 

Hi my name is jabaranes s now i am looking jobs, i am estimator and quantity surveyor.

chris standing 

Hi my name is Chris Standing I am just inquiring A link i can upload my CV to, to be considered for any employment opportunities?

This website uses cookies to enhance your user experience. By continuing to use this site, you consent to our use of these cookies. See our Cookie Policy.