Morgan Sindall, in a joint venture with Equitix, has beaten the likes of Laing O’Rourke and Vinci Construction to be chosen as the main contractor for batch of private finance schools in the north west worth £80m - £120m. Five secondary schools and seven primary schools will be delivered under the scheme, benefitting 8,150 pupils.
The secondary schools in the batch are:
- Blacon High School, Blacon
- The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College, Wigan
- Neston High School, Neston
- Ridgeway High School, Prenton
- South Shore Academy, Blackpool
The primary schools in the batch are:
- Bedford Drive Primary School, Birkenhead
- Bridge Hall Primary School, Stockport
- Dee Point Primary School, Blacon
- Halebank Primary School, Halebank, Halton
- Hawes Side Primary School, Blackpool
- JH Godwin Primary School, Blacon
- Plymouth Grove Primary School, Manchester
Morgan Sindall will be responsible for the design and construction of the schools as well as maintenance and lifecycle services over a 25 year period. The design period will now commence and run for a seven month period until March 2015 when construction works are due to start.
Completions are due by September 2017 at the latest.