In readiness for the next stage of the construction programme, HS2 is searching for more UK companies to progress its civil engineering works, start fitting out the first of its new state-of-the-art stations, and support the manufacture of its fleet of high-speed trains.
To showcase the new contract opportunities, which start to be released this summer, HS2 and its construction partners are inviting UK businesses to ‘Meet the Contractor’ to find out how they could benefit from the pipeline of upcoming work.
“Thousands of UK businesses are already helping to bring the HS2 network to life, and this latest round of contract opportunities opens the door for hundreds more to join them,” said Ruth Todd, HS2’s chief commercial officer.
“It’s an exciting time, as attention now turns towards raising our stations from the ground and building a fleet of rolling stock that will transform the way we travel between Britain’s major towns and cities.
“This is a standout opportunity for UK businesses looking to expand their order books and I’d encourage them to register quickly for the chance to discuss what’s on offer.”
HS2 is hosting two in-person events at the Midland Hotel in Manchester on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 July for businesses to find out more. The event on 10 July will focus on upcoming contract opportunities with HS2’s stations and civils contractors, and the 11 July event will focus on contracts linked to the manufacture of HS2’s fleet of rolling stock.
A series of online events will also be held for those unable to attend in-person. The online programme includes events on:
- Tuesday 4th July – Spotlight on Health and Safety
- Wednesday 5th July – Spotlight on Driving Improved Environment and Social Impacts
- Wednesday 12th July – Spotlight on Innovation
Over 3,000 UK-based businesses are already engaged in HS2’s supply chain and 61% of contracts have been awarded to small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) in every region of the UK. Contracts set to be released include opportunities within:
Civils & Stations
- Urban realm (including earthworks, minor civils, roads, landscaping, trees)
- Station fit out (including structural steel, cladding, flooring, ceilings, painting, signage)
- Drainage works and associated materials (e.g., precast concrete drainage and plastic drainage pipes)
- Highways works and associated ancillary packages (e.g., surfacing, kerbing / paving, road signs, gantrys, VRS)
- External works (e.g., landscaping, fencing, drainage, civils, formwork, reinforcement and concrete)
- General procurement (materials, plant, consumables, innovation, sustainability)
- Buildings & Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) (incl. Precast Panels, cladding, flooring, ceilings)
- Exterior Coating
- Skirts (including bogie covers, underframe, roof)
- Electrical Cables and Cabinets/Harnesses (including high voltage cable, electrical cubicles)
- Electricals (including electrical cubicle)
- Interior assemblies (including handles, rails, walls, luggage racks, ceiling modules, decals)
- Insulation, emergency equipment, hoses and pipework
Read more here
View latest Railway vacancies here