Flood & Coast 2017 is the second event led by the Environment Agency (EA) that aims to bring together most professionals from the flood and coastal erosion risk management (FCRM) community, including local governments and authorities, consultants, contractors, business and infrastructure owners as well as universities and community groups.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This year we expect thousands of flood and coast fellow professionals to exchange their perspectives on innovation and best practices in FCRM. This events will advance the debate about flood and coast erosion risk, resilience and response between government, local communities and businesses. The “changing climate” the UK is facing has been experienced in different geographies where technoclogies and solutions have arisen as a result.
Technologies and solutions to control the increasing risk of flood and rising sea levels around our coasts will be discussed and displayed to find new ways to deliver excellence in FCRM.
This leading event for flooding and coastal professionals will attract dozens thousands of senior level professionals, decision-makers and influencers gathered around a structured three-day programme of workshops, presentations, debate and panel sessions. These will be complete with a trade show and exhibition allowing exciting networking opportunities for businesses and product providers.
- Convened by the Environment Agency, the event Flood & Coast 2017 will be the authoritative event to tackle the big questions and challenges in FCRM delivery in terms of risk, resilience and response in a changing climate.
- All the key players in the FCRM community will be drawn in to accelerate collaboration and support better delivery.
- An event rich in debates and partnerships between infrastructure providers and the FCRM community.
- A high profile conference, bringing a global perspective by sharing international best practice and learning.
- Industry awareness increasing via proactive dissemination and promotion of event content to other parties after event takes place.
The events will gather environment specialists and numerous water industry opportunities to the following water industry stakeholders:
- Environment agency & ‘climate ready’ business partners
- Local government
- Infrastructure owners in roads, rail, electricity, gas, telecoms, water, sewage, schools, hospitals, airports, ports
- Engineering/risk assessment/software/ safety & environmental
- Emergency services
- Internal drainage boards
- Water companies
- Agencies/ associations – flood protection agency, national flood forum
- Research academics and community groups
- Ecological and environmental management
- Landowners & architects
- Manufacturers of flood defence solutions
- Building and maintenance
- Engineering managers
- Property developers
Exhibition attendance includes free seminars in the Seminar Live area, in the exhibition hall and free coffee/tea at breaks. Lunch may be purchased from the catering outlets in the venue.
- 3 day standard rate: £535
- 3 day reduced* rate: £430
- 1 day standard rate: £260
- 1 day reduced* rate: £215
- Speaker rate: £200, for up to 2 additional days
- 1 day: £72
- 3 days: £195
* Note: reduced rate applies to: Environment Agency staff, local authority elected members and officials, LLFA members and members of ICE, CIWEM, CIRIA, ADA, The Emergency Planning Society, Construction Industry Council, Future Water Association, British Water and Water Industry Forum. Proof of membership status may be requested on site.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE REVIEW THE http://floodandcoast.com/FC17_brochure.pdf
For communications on Twitter, please use @floodandcoast