Our client a central government department are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to join their team on a new contract.
£650pd inside IR35
Location: Remote may be occasional travel to Swindon or Nottingham office
Key Areas of Accountability
• Design logical and physical components of technology architectures that will enable the delivery of the required business outcome and service.
• Look forwards to identify common needs, and gaps and work with the wider team to influence the technology roadmaps and necessary components.
• Creation of appropriate formal architecture products for (amongst other activities) product selection, options and impact assessment to validate or solution choices, enable traceability and provide corporate knowledge for ongoing support efforts.
• Work with project managers and service owners to provide whole life costing for the components of the architecture in order to select best value approaches and inform the organization as to the economy of their solutions estate.
• Work with commercial colleagues to conduct supplier and product evaluation.
• Support technical and architectural requirements capture, design and assurance including injection of architectural stories into backlogs.
• Actively support and contribute to the domain by providing specialist insight and hands-on experience into application of the technology in context of the wider enterprise.
• Work closely alongside technical teams by engaging them early to listening to their concerns about implementation of a design and ensure that they are implementing solutions in keeping with your design so that they are sustainable and manageable throughout life.
• Own the Solution Architecture overview documentation and any roadmaps for your domain and be responsible for keeping it up to date throughout its lifecycle and attending the UKRI Technology Governance with any changes as necessary.
• Responsible for approving any changes to the technical design and will present these to any technical design board for ratification.
• Capable of presenting and explaining technical solutions in a non technical way to senior stakeholders
Azure Active Directory