Our central government client are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 480 Days
IR35: In Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: 550/Umb
DESCRIPTION: The Software Engineer will work in a team developing software interfacing hardware and software elements of embedded systems running Linux. Activities will include the design, implementation, testing and documentation of new software. The software is predominantly written in Rust, however some interfaces are written in C/C++ and the test and integration systems are written in scripting languages such as Bash or Python. Informal training can be provided in the Rust programming language as required.
You will have an enthusiasm for learning new techniques and technologies, and applying existing knowledge in new domains. You will be self-motivated, able to take ownership of components and deliver them through the complete development lifecycle. You will be used to working in small teams, working remotely, and willing to help out with tasks in areas that are unfamiliar to you.
• Contribute to software specifications (mostly in reStructuredText with some UML)
• Write software components using Rust and C/C++.
• Write unit and integration tests, including scripting in Bash or Python
• Contribute to maintenance of the Gitlab CI system
• Peer review
• Ensure that code conforms to the specifications and meets requirements.
• Ensure that code meets the coding standards
• Ensure that tests meet the project standards for coverage
- C/C++ Programming on Linux (GCC/Clang etc.)
- Git workflows
- Software detailed design and documentation
- Experience defining and writing unit tests
- Familiarity with UML notation
- SC Clearances
- Rust Programming
- Gitlab CI Pipelines
- Linux system tools (iptables, systemd)
- API Documentation
- Control Groups / Containers (/Docker)
- Data Security (OpenSSL)
- Distributed Systems Interfaces (REST, gRPC)