Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Service Design Lead on a 6 months contract paying £600 P/D inside IR35 on a remote working basis.
Role: Service Design Lead
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote / WFH
Pay Rate to Candidate: up to £600 per day umbrella
The Service Design Lead will support the development and execution of user-led service design across a range of products and services. They will help users complete their goals across a variety of outlets including policy or health systems. Experienced in user-centered design, they advocate for the most effective channels for each challenge. They will help teams ensure the user is at the heart of what we do and support effective delivery
● Create and improve user-centred services efficiently and to a high standard.
● Review and provide direction on the work of other service designers and user researchers
● Develop a strategic view across a range of products, focusing on the end to experience of all of our users
● Manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
● Focus relentlessly on the user need, and ensure every aspect of product development is user-centric and evidence-based
● Develop the strategy for new or existing services to meet user needs, based on evidence gathered from a variety of existing and new sources, including first-hand lived experience data
● Work with the Head of User Centered Design Operations in team development and recruitment.
Experience as a lead Service Designer
● Planning and scoping work
● Break the scope down to create a vision for the team and influence change
● Experience launching an end to end services
● Can get involved with research and delivery planning
● Significant experience of service design within either a government, health or social care setting
● Experience of GDS methods
● Experience with working with constraints and ability to identify, challenge, and adhere to them.
● Knowledge of best practices in service design.
● Confident communicator: able to persuade; negotiate; influence; network; and work with stakeholders
● ability to get to the heart of an issue
Other notes to be considered
The manager is keen to see profiles with Service Design experience in a user centered / customer journey type programmes. (Not on ITIL).
Keen to talk to people who are comfortable to talk about their experience and showcase their skills round user centred projects.
If candidates are selected for interview they will be asked to show examples of their service design work.
Security Clearance: BPSS, if successful
Interview Process: Remote interviews via MS Teams next week