Senior Service Now Developer
Quote ref: 990035/70749
This contract with our central government client is for a Senior Service Now Developer for 9 months. The role is located in Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester, Blackpool and requires a minimum of 2 days per week onsite. The pay rate is £720 Umbrella per day.
As a Senior Service Now Developer you will be responsible for ensuring development, within the feature team(s) you are responsible for, meets both the stated requirements and the acceptable standards defined within the PDU. You will provide technical guidance and escalation for developers and other members of the feature team(s)
You will work within, and contribute to, the overall ServiceNow Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team focused on one or more products, providing specialist technical support and assistance to feature teams and projects ensuring definition and delivery of requisite functional requirements to roadmap developments. You will be responsible for ensuring performant and secure configuration of the products within your feature team(s).
As a Senior ServiceNow Developer you will be responsible for ensuring the following activities are carried out:
• Deliver new configuration and functionality to the ServiceNow Production instance in line with the Software Delivery Lifecycle and roadmap.
• Complete stories assigned or escalate blockers to ensure that development is completed to expected standards and are delivered within timescales.
• Manage the technical progression of more junior developers within your reporting line.
• Perform technical reviews of other developers work and provide any required guidance.
• Line management of developers outside of your feature team(s).
• Creating and maintaining documentation.
Technical Skills required:
• Excellent understanding of ServiceNow platform components.
• Strong understanding of client side functionality.
• Strong understanding of server side functionality and API’s.
Knowledge and Experience required:
• Demonstrate experience of working in a large scale organisation and/or Government or Public Sector installation of Service Now
• Minimum of 2 years’ hand on Development experience on the platform
• Current ServiceNow platform Certification
• Experience in building, configuring and implementing ServiceNow features, applications and integrations
• ITIL Qualification or experience/skills
Nice to have but not essential:
• Knowledge of Angular. HTML, CSS
• Agile Development