Our rail client is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, on a 6 month contract basis paying £525 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Senior Project Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Milton Keynes / Remote
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umbrella - £525 p/d umb
Not looking for CVs with desktop and application upgrades/project work
We’re more concerned with candidates who have managed projects with datacentres and underlying IT infrastructure e.g. migrate 200 servers
• Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
• Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
• Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
• Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
• Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
• Proven track record in managing staff performance/underperformance and developing high performing staff and teams
• High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
• Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
• Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
• Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
• Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P – Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)
• Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
• Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
• Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
• Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
• Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
• Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
• Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
• Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
• Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
• Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
Security Clearance: DBS
CV Deadline: 4pm 25/11
Interview Process: 1 stage via Teams