Our central government client are currently looking for a Senior Mobile Apps / Software Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 4 Months
Location: Hybrid – 2 days in office (Manchester/Newcastle/Blackpool)
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umb £550
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities
The senior software engineer will be responsible for leading the low-level design and development of a number of iOS Native Mobile applications and supporting back-end APIs as part of the team.
The senior software engineer will work closely with Product Owner, Delivery Managers, Architects, BA’s and UX Designers to ensure that designs are fully understood and lead the development through to delivery.
The senior software engineer will be responsible for ensuring that any code is written following best practices, performant and scalable, inline with the Department’s standards.
Code should be performant, and well documented. The developer will be open to code reviews as well as reviewing their peer’s code.
The senior software engineer should be able to lead small agile teams in a timely manner with quality fit for use in an enterprise environment.
• Must be able to develop native iOS mobile applications using Swift
• Must be able to develop REST APIs using NodeJS
• Must be able to develop using test driven development
• Must be able to develop against an API first architecture
• Use strict content security policies and guard against common OWASP attacks.
• Must be able to use Git
Knowledge and Experience required:
e.g. Previous experience of working for a government dept.
• Able to lead and mentor both front-end and back-end developers
• Must be familiar with developing native iOS applications
• Familiar with using XCode 13.0
• Familiar with Swift 5.5 to support the development of iOS application or iOS 15+
• Familiar with setting up and configuring a CI/CD pipeline such as GitLab
• Familiar with consuming REST APIs
• Experience with consuming AppConfig (Managed Application Configuration)
• Familiar with the packaging and delivery of applications using the Apple Custom App store
• Familiar with tools such as Fast Lane and Test Flight to deliver apps
This is the nice to have but not essential criteria
• Previous experience of working for a government department.
• Familiarity with native Android application development
• Familiar with WorkspaceONE/AirWatch
• Familiar with Certificate Based Authentication
• Familiar with integration with ADFS for SAML IdP.