Our Major client is currently recruiting for a Senior DevOps Engineer, on a permanent basis to be based remotely.
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer within the Smart Delivery Platform Team you will be responsible for development, maintenance, and ongoing support of the Azure Infrastructure within SDP. You will be able to understand customer needs, business goals and working with our architects, implement technical solutions to ensure the best levels of performance, service, and availability to clients. Actively participating in our internal, customer and supplier collaborations, which are key ways of working as part of our agile teams.
• Design, implement, manage, and support Azure infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
• Create automation for build, test and deployment using CI/CD with Azure DevOps pipelines
• Ensure cloud solutions are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimised.
• Work very closely with the SDP Technical Lead to ensure the Azure Environments meet the product development needs and have future scalability.
• Collaborate with the development and software support teams to understand infrastructure requirements
• Perform the technical elements of SDP Product software releases when necessary, working closely with internal teams and clients
• Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in, support and manage releases
• Set up and manage monitoring of cloud services, server and application environments
• Understand deployment scripts, debug where required, and perform log analysis
• Solid understanding of Backup & Disaster Recovery approach and design.
• Work closely with the support team and clients to provide knowledge and training
• Mentor junior team members and developers where required and assist in their development in DevOps principles
• Build automated reporting to monitor multiple tenancies and report back on utilisation, performance and issues.