Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Model Developer, on a 5 month contract paying £600 P/D inside IR35 remote.
Role: Senior Data Model Developer
Contract Length: 31/03/2022
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 PER DAY
Security Clearance: BPSS Clearance
Interview Process: TBC Via Teams
This post will be responsible for the development of the National Testing Programme's LFD Digital Twin model of the logistics network which underpins procurement and distribution of Lateral Flow Device (LFD) tests. The developer will be integrated in a team, with the aim of sustaining and improving this critical system which enables the forecasting and optimisation of deliveries, distribution and storage as the National Testing Programme undergoes a significant period of change.
Experienced python developer required. Core objectives are to maintain and develop the simulation, providing high quality code, troubleshoot errors, design and build new features. There are opportunities to take on responsibility for relevant workstreams, and to work on optimisation algorithms which improve the capacity and stability of the logistics network.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain the Python Simulation model, including error handling/debugging and feature development.
• Design new features at pace to enable the simulation to reflect the real-world operational environment. Conducting own data analysis to test model against real world data.
This role reports to the LFD Model Development Lead.
You will be a technically strong candidate who is able to take ownership and responsibility for a core model throughout its life cycle. You will be comfortable designing new model logic and writing Python code to a high standard.
• Relevant software development experience. The post holder will be comfortable with DevOps and Agile software development processes..
• A strong level of Python programming expertise.
• Experience with Simulation Models and Simulation Modelling Logic (e.g. Discrete Event, System Dynamics, Agent Based)
• Experience with Python’s library Simpy
• Some data science or data analysis experience