Our public sector client is currently looking for a Senior Content Designer for a initially 3 months contract at £600pd inside IR35.
Role: Senior Content Designer
Contract Length: End of March 2022 (extension possibility)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 UMBRELLA
Day to day basis they would be helping out with content creating new content in line with policy changes and user research findings for all digital testing services, which includes emails and SMS messages too. They will be liasing with stakeholders like policy leads, clinicians, product and delivery managers to make sure the content in the testing services is up to date and accurate. They wont be responsible for managing anyone, but thy will mentor new starters or someone who is junior. Working closely with user researchers.
Skills – fabulous content design skills, would want them to have had experience as a content designer for a government website, being able to work at a fast pace in a multi disciplinary team, collaborate and show experience in that also.
Working to tight deadlines.
Working in the content team which has core members and two graduate trainees, reporting to the content lead, the USD leads manage the wider design programme.
• Advanced knowledge of all the content disciplines (social media, multimedia, content design, content management); an understanding of how these
disciplines dovetail with each other and ability guidance to colleagues around the organisation on the importance of user experience.
• Advanced understanding of product strategy, being able to disseminate product and corporate strategy to wider team and ensure its implementation.
• Advanced understanding of the wider social and political health landscape to make sure that content is appropriately curated and delivered for the target
audience; ability to coach and advise others around political and social implications of published content.
• A broad understanding of GDPR, privacy and legal implications associated with the creation and publication of content; ability to provide oversight and
steer to junior colleagues and ensure that their content adheres to various GDPR, privacy and safeguarding guidelines.
• Advanced understanding of content performance metrics evaluation, across the content disciplines.
• Knowledge of the political and cultural aspects of delivering content capabilities across complex organisations.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of Service Design – knowledge of components such as service mapping, business processes, user profiling etc.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in leading the resolution of complex content challenges, including policy, social media crises and safeguarding issues within a Government
• Proven experience of working in a senior content role, responsible for one or more of the specialist content areas (social and digital media, multimedia,
content design or content management), supporting several product teams concurrently.
• Proven industry experience of applying content knowledge (content design, content management, multimedia or social and digital media) to real-world
applications and organisational challenges.
• Experience of working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and ensuring that the process for making content decisions is based on content knowledge,
user research and knowing the user journey. Agile working (content design). You understand the role of content in multidisciplinary teams and can
articulate this and advocate for it. You work collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines in multidisciplinary teams. You can identify and compare
the best processes or delivery methods to use and measure and evaluate them, helping the team decide the best approach. You help teams manage and
visualise outcomes, prioritise work, define scope and agree a minimum viable product (MVP).
• content concepts and prototyping. You can build and create a variety of different prototypes, from paper sketches to coded prototypes. You can choose
the most appropriate option to visualise content in context for different audiences. You can effectively combine prototypes with other content and design
outputs to test with users and show to stakeholders. You can establish content patterns, test and iterate them.
• Stakeholder relationship management (content design). You can negotiate with and influence stakeholders and manage relationships effectively. You
are able to influence decisions, deal with challenging situations and remove blockers. You can build long-term strategic relationships and communicate
clearly and regularly with stakeholders, supporting mutual needs and commitments while focusing on user needs.
• Strategic thinking (content design). You can help lead the design and implementation of strategies, evaluating their impact and progress to make sure
business objectives and the needs of users are being met. You lead and direct strategic content improvement projects, focussing effort in the areas of
greatest priority and make sure goals and objectives are met.
• User focus (content design). You collaborate with user researchers and performance analysts to advocate effectively for users. You understand the
different types of user research, evidence and data and how they’re used at different stages of a product development (alpha, beta, live). You can
formulate hypotheses, gain insights from research and make decisions based on findings, clearly explaining how decisions have been made. You can
evaluate quantitative and qualitative data and can prioritise and define approaches to best understand users. You can champion user research to focus on
all users. You put accessibility requirements at the heart of approaches to designing content and encourage others to do the same. You guide others and
make recommendations on the best tools and methods to use.
• User-centred content design. You have a deep understanding of end-to-end journeys and how content is affected within these journeys. You can identify
where journey fixes or content improvements need to be made. You have responsibility for assuring the quality of content from more junior colleagues and
coaching and guiding them to improve. You make sure content is regularly reviewed and evaluated, contributing to continuous improvements and iteration.
You encourage a continuous improvement mindset in teams and more junior content colleges. You deliver through others and direct and critique their
• Experience in Content Design (Minimum 3 years of conducting Senior Content Designer position, preferably within the Public Sector).
• Experienced or qualification demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Miro and Outlook).
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).