Our government client are currently looking for a SC Cleared Data Engineer to join their team.
Contract Length: End of Jan 2023 Likely to be extended
Location: Hybrid between Home / Office. Can be based in Scotland, York, London, Manchester – 2 days a week but not enforced. Most are London based. Office 2 x a month is minimum.
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 - £645 Max Pay
About The Job
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the development of an exciting program that aims to address fraud costs to government through the utilisation of big data and analytics. You will work in the Data Analytics Service Team as a Lead Data Engineer. You will form a crucial part of the evolution of the program by leading on the design and implementation of a data model to support the programme. You will be required to review, document and streamline current datasets and processes to integrate systems and bring multiple data sources together for analysis. We are in the process of migrating to Azure and you will be tasked with designing and implementing a data model in our new Azure environment, engaging with customers and third-party providers (incl. Quantexa) to ensure the proposed data model meets all requirements.
Essential Core Skills:
• Proven big data experience (at least 3-5 years’ experience);
• Strong coding background in Python or similar and strong SQL skills;
• Domain knowledge of all Azure architecture and experience using Azure tooling;
• Expertise in Data Modelling;
• Experience in building data pipelines (ETL and/or analytical pipelines);
• Experience in cleansing, managing and transforming high volume data;
• Senior stakeholder management skills including the ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and to prioritize needs;
• Experience in fraud software deployment; and configuration of fraud detection tools and/or analytics platforms (desirable);
• Experience in fraud, compliance or financial crime (desirable).