Our Government Client is currently recruiting for a Retro Fit support Officer, until the end of June Initially, paying £400 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Retro Fit Support Officer
Contract Length: End date 30/06/2021
Location: Home based - occasional travel to London
IR35: in scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £400 P/D umb
Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure) - Can be obtained
The HEO Technical Support Officer reports to the SHDF Technical Support Manager (G7) and will be expected to act with initiative and autonomy under broad direction from the SEO and the Technical Support Manager.
You will be assigned to the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund, specifically working on the £3.8bn main fund.
You will have a key support role in providing technical support and developing solutions working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs/programme outcomes are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Assist with the development and procurement of the Technical Assistance Facility (TAF):
• Work with the multi-disciplinary internal TAF WG and liaison relationship with the Delivery Partner;
• Support the Technical Support Manager in the development of the TAF Phase 1 Procurement Specification in terms Objectives, Deliverables, KPIs and M&E;
• Once TAF delivery is underway, support the Client activity with Delivery Partner and Service Provider; ensuring delivery to time, cost and performance;
• Support the Technical Support Manager in the design, development and procurement of the TAF Phase 2.
Support and input into the work to design and development of the SHDF Main Fund Scheme through the Solution Design and Commercial Procurement WGs:
• Work with Commercial and other colleagues to conclude Solution Design and complete the DMA and Commercial Strategy for Approval
• Work with policy and other colleagues to technical specification required for project performance standards, KPI’s and benefits realisation and management.
Support and input into the work to collate and develop a workstream of research and development that is relevant to the SHDF Main Fund Scheme such as:
• emerging technology development
• retrofit development.
• energy policy and net zero policy road maps
An HEO-level technical project management specialist with the following Specific Skills/Experience Required:
• Experience of working within energy efficiency, sustainability, the built environment, construction or retrofit sectors.
• In-depth technical knowledge within a relevant field such as energy or construction.
• A proven ability to process technical data and information to problem solve.
• Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders including academia.
• Able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Previous experience of working within a fast-paced project environment including working to deadlines and managing risk.