Our major public sector client is currently recruiting for a Regulatory Charges Finance Manager, on a 6 month contract paying £450 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Regulatory Charges Finance Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Please note that this role is based in London – 2 days per week in the office and 3 days working from home
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umbrella - £450 or £305.03 PAYE
Security Clearance: DBS
CV Deadline: 4.00pm on 24/11/21
Support the calculation of regulated access charges and the development of access charge methodologies and policies.
1. Support the calculation of prices charged for access to railway infrastructure (track, stations, etc) in line with methodologies developed and approved by the regulator The Office of Rail and Road, using financial and operational data from across the business. Produce and update spreadsheets and documents clearly setting out and explaining the calculations.
2. Conduct analysis of financial and operational data to support the assessment and development of proposals for potential revisions to charging methodologies. Produce and update spreadsheets and documents clearly setting out and explaining the analysis and its implications
3. Support engagement with internal and external stakeholders in response to specific queries about the principles behind or detailed application of the calculation of access charges.
• Educated to degree level in a highly numerate subject (e.g. economics, finance, maths, physics, engineering)
• Experience of interpreting and using financial and accounting information to conduct analysis
• Experience of conducting analysis underlying the development and calculation of charges in (a) a regulated network industry or (b) another cost-based charging/pricing environment
• Strong financial modelling skills (Excel) and report writing skills (Word) clearly documenting and explaining such analysis
• Excellent attention to detail
• An understanding of economic regulation concepts
• Knowledge of the railway sector