Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Management Lead, on a 6 month contract paying £578 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Quantity Surveyor / Cost Management Lead
Contract Length: 6 Months initially
Location: Remote at moment, Hybrid post restrictions – 2 days a week in nearest Hub – Potential travel to sites
IR35: Inside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £578 to Candidate max
This candidate will work closely with the budget holders for the Hard FM & LSS budgets, the skillset includes:
• Experience of Managing Costs and Budgets of Large Scale Programmes
• Experience with Hard FM and Estates Management understanding of VFM to bridge the gap in knowledge
• Experience with End of Month Reporting, Budget Management, Forecasting
• Exceptional Stakeholder Engagement
This senior role will be responsible and accountable for the management and reporting of costs associated with the overall management of the Facilities Management (FM) services budget including the costs associated with the Life Systems Services (LSS).
The role will be responsible and accountable for the overall management of the Cost Management Team ensuring the costs associated with the services are fully controlled and accurately reported and adhere to the Department’s finance policies, procedures and processes, including the management of change.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the Authority Supply Chain Member(s) (ASCMs) providing the FM and LSS services are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with their contractual terms and conditions, whilst ensuring that estimates associated with billable services reflect value for money.
The role will be responsible for providing and supporting the Head of Real Estate Service Delivery with the collation of accurate cost / financial data and management information in the development of the annual operating plan / budgets and month end process, working closely with the Department’s Finance Business Partners to ensure robust and accurate financial management and reporting.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
• Lead the Cost Management Team responsible for all aspects of the FM and LSS supply chain cost management. Provide line management and guidance to the Senior Cost Managers to promote wellbeing and learning and development opportunities to support their commercial and contract knowledge development.
• Responsible for the end to end management of costs associated with the FM and LSS services. Ensuring the team deliver financial compliance and adherence to the Department’s financial business rules, policies, processes and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with the ASCMs contractual terms associated with the billing and payment processes.
• Responsible for the end-to-end management of accurate costs and reporting associated with the ASCMs services including the monthly reporting of actual cost, forecasts, variance analysis etc., providing information to the Finance Business Partners in support of the collation of the financial month-end management accounting and reporting. Responsible for ensuring accurate accruals are held and managed against actual cost.
• Responsible for the management of change (where there is a change to the contractual value) including the application and tracking of any change.
• Responsible for overseeing and ensuring robust validation of the FM and LSS core and variable services including work order estimates and application for payments. Challenging where necessary to ensure value for money and assure accurate billing in accordance with contractual terms.
• Responsible for ensuring that the ASCMs are delivering the agreed standard of works within the contractual approval limits and terms, including the management of change.
• Responsible for supporting the Head of Real Estate Service Delivery in the development of the FM and LSS services annual budget / spending review through the provision of accurate cost data and management information and reporting.
• Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the correct and accurate application of the financial business rules and policies in the raising of requisitions for the FM and LSS services, to the correct cost category codes and DFA levels. Ensuring the requisitions are supported with the necessary data / information to enable approval.
• Responsible for overall tracking of the ASCM payment status and amounts. Including but not limited to the purchase order status / value including committed costs / work in progress to ensure PO values are not breached
• Promote or defend own and team’s actions and decisions where required.
• Responsible for the development of papers, presentations, reports and any other management information requiring insights and knowledge of all cost and budget related information, associated with the FM and LSS services.
• Review and report on-going performance of the ASCMs against contractual obligations associated with the cost management areas (operational performance to be led by others).
• Work in partnership with the Finance Business Partners and key stakeholders to develop and continually improve month-end financial reports, forecasts and ad hoc cost and financial reports associated with the FM and LSS services, where required.
• Provide management information based upon any findings derived from the validation of variable services including work order estimates and application for payments. Highlighting any potential risks / opportunities that require mitigating / further exploration.
• Support the Head of Real Estate Service Delivery in driving financial performance to meet in year budget targets and identify and proactively address opportunities for cost reduction.
• Support the Head of Real Estate Service Delivery with managing financial risks associated with the Estates asset management processes identifying suitable planning, controls and mitigation.
• Encourage collaborative working between teams and directorates to drive innovation and improve the cost and finance management processes and services.
• Ensure that the cost management team and ASCM service providers work within budget and contract control costs, delivering value for money and efficiencies.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 19/1 @ 4pm
Interview Process: 1 Stage MS Teams