Our Government client is currently recruiting for a PMO on a 6 month contract paying £400 p/d inside IR35.
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £400pd Umbrella
Governance experience is key in the candidate
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 12th April 3pm
Interview Process: Teams / Phone
Reporting to the NDA Group Head of Sanction this role will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the NDA Sanction process, supporting the timely submission of high quality Business Cases and sanction requests to NDA and HMG Governance Committees.
Working within the NDA Sanction Team, they will manage NDA sanction planning, ensuring compliance with sanction processes and the scheme of delegated authority. This will require close engagement with Programme/Project/Commercial teams and delivery functions across the NDA group to enable the timely submission of HM Treasury Green Book compliant Business Cases.
They will routinely develop the NDA group Sanction Forward Plan engaging with BEIS and HMT points of contact to support planning integration across the governance lifecycle.
The role will also ensure that NDA Sanction requirements, processes and templates are clearly documented and communicated across NDA group. They will be instrumental in driving sanction best practice, utilising feedback and learning from experience.
• Ensure the effective and efficient running of the NDA sanction process;
• Actively communicate NDA Sanction requirements and expectations across the NDA Corporate Centre and wider group businesses to support awareness and compliance;
• Review, support and constructively challenge sanction requests/ business cases which do not meet procedural or quality standards required by NDA Executive and HMG;
• Develop and maintain positive relationships within the team and with key enabling functions to support the smooth running of the ‘end to end’ NDA Sanction process;
• Ensure good practice and compliance around sanction policy, procedures, controls and standards are met (e.g. NDA scheme of delegated authority);
• Manage key sanction processes such as the Post Investment Appraisal (PIA) process and/or the NDA Keyholder Assurance process;
• Coordinate the sanction planning process with HMG stakeholders (BEIS & HMT);
• Drive the implementation of best practice into NDA sanction process – driving forward NDA Sanction improvement initiatives;
• Produce monthly sanction metrics and reports for NDA Executive and HMG stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
• Shares and demonstrates the NDA values of, Respect, Openness, Collaboration, Performance and Creativity;
• Strong understanding of public sector financial delegations and governance processes;
• Good understanding of business case development and governance processes (ideally public sector), including HM Treasury Green Book requirements;
• Working knowledge of the key principles of Programme and Project management (scope, schedule, resource, budgets, risks, issues, and quality);
• Good understanding of Programme and Project assurance methodologies;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively cross functionally and across organisational boundaries (One NDA);
• The capability and confidence to challenge team members and stakeholders in a credible and constructive manner;
• Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management;
• Strong MS Visio & MS Excel skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and report writing skills;
• Awareness of the nuclear decommissioning sector, including financial, commercial, regulatory and legislative drivers/requirements;
• Initiative and drive for continuous improvement (e.g. to templates, tools and processes);
• Educated to degree level (minimum);
• Excellent stakeholder management, communication and writing skills;
• Experience of working in nuclear/ highly regulated environment (helpful but not essential)