Our central government client are currently looking for x2 Mobile Apps Software Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 4 Months
Location: Hybrid – 2 days in office (One of the hubs: Manchester and Newcastle, Blackpool)
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umb £500pd
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities:
The software engineer will be responsible for the low-level design and development of a number of REST APIs to support mobile applications as part of the team.
The software engineer will be responsible for ensuring that any code is written following best practices, secure, performant and scalable, inline with the Department’s standards.
Code should be well documented. The developer will be open to code reviews as well as reviewing their peer’s code.
The software engineer should be able to work in small agile teams, but able to deliver in a timely manner with quality fit for use in an enterprise environment.
Technical Skills required
• Must be able to develop REST APIs using NodeJS
• Must be able to develop and consume relational databases using tools such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
• Must be able to develop and consume NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Quality and Security tested before deployment
• Use strict content security policies and guard against common OWASP attacks.
• Must be able to use Git
Knowledge and Experience required:
e.g. Previous experience of working for a government dept.
• Must have experience developing REST APIs with NodeJS 16+
• Familiar with working with a CI/CD pipeline such as GitLab
• Familiar with consuming onward REST APIs
• Must have experience developing for a Microservices infrastructure
• Continuous Integration using the central GitLab source control and CI Platform
• Must be able to develop APIs to meet the needs of the service, process and data and NOT for presenting information to fulfil a specific user interface
This is the nice to have but not essential criteria
• Familiar with building APIs that will be consumed by Mobile Apps
• Familiar with deployment to AWS infrastructure