Our government client are currently looking for a Ledger Manager to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 3 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £460 pd umbrella / £340 pd PAYE Max
TOP 3 Requirements
Public Sector exp – 4 years minimum
Transactions and Purchase orders – Exp
Attention to detail
Support to the Head of Finance as a member of the internal finance team supporting a large business unit.
Key responsibilities summarised as:
Working closely with the business to maintain accurate and timely business controls and MI
Timely ledger management- proactive interface between Business and internal finance teams in co-ordinating, processing and approvals around accounts receivable, payables and spend profiles.
Key support to the Head of Finance in continuous improvement projects around management information reporting and processes.
This will involve but not be limited to;
• Management of day-to-day transactional management
• Responsibility for the accuracy of the data inputs and outputs
• Hands on production and maintenance of the finance spreadsheets and analysis (used for management information and reporting)
• Maintaining accurate records of approvals in line with Delegations of Authority
• Proactive management of ledger transactions, monitoring PO and Invoice status
• Presenting key information that will have significant impact on the programme budget
• Maintaining outstanding balances for Call-Off agreements
• Leading the relationship with SSCL to ensure timely and accurate financial processing
• Raising requests for Purchase Orders (POs) and chasing progress until suppliers have POs
• Ensuring invoices are received before approving payment
• Other activities as required to ensure financial information is accurately maintained
* Continuous improvement activities to add value to the business and improve financial information and processes.
• Experience of use of Microsoft Excel in a fast paced programme/team environment
• Strong communicator, excellent presentation skills and able to communicate at all levels.
• Experience as a Finance Administrator/Ledger Clerk
• Possess natural organisational skills with a high level of audibility.
• Demonstrate excellent record keeping skills.
• Ability to develop an intra-Government finance community network of contacts
• Good understanding of Government and public sector accounting
• Coordination of cross-charging mechanism for an IT Shared Service
• Experience of working in a programme environment.
• Ability to work across multiple programmes
* Continuous improvement/lean sigma experience or mindset.
Security Clearance: SC – Must be valid and in date
CV Deadline: 12pm 28th September