Our government client are currently looking for x3 Lead Site Reliability Engineers to join their team on a new contract.
Location: Remote occasionally travel for workshop (Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Caxton, Leeds, Sheffield)
1) Automation, process, CICD, Pipeline
2) Polyglot, good base of language skill
3) Self-starter, thinking on their feet
• Knowledge and experience of an “everything-as-code” environment. Codifying as much as possible by defining pipelines as code, infrastructure as code, security and quality tests and policy as code
• Knowledge and experience of providing common components, patterns, and/or platforms to improve consistency and drive improvements to quality and security baselines. Appreciation of the trade-offs between centralisation/standardisation and decentralisation/autonomy.
• Experience of contributing to good practice, policies, standards, and code bases as part of an engineering community and a wider organisation.
• Experience of working with engineering teams and other stakeholders to drive adoption of process and tooling through leadership and facilitation.
• Experience defining and delivering solutions where there may be no obvious “off-the-shelf” solution and innovation and strong hands-on technical capability may be required.
• Experience with multiple hosting paradigms (e.g. IaaS, container orchestration, serverless) and knowledge of the commonalities and divergences when contributing to standards, policy, and good practice guidance.
• Knowledge across a range of security domains, for example, identity, secrets management, PKI, vulnerability management, policy and governance.
• Experience working in a large organisation or regulated environment is not essential but may be beneficial.
Security Clearance: SC Clearance but will accept BPSS willing to go through the process of a SC clearance (Got to be able to qualify)
Interview Process: MS Team