Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 14 jobs)
- UK, London
- from £70,000 to £90,000 per year
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Industry: IT & Telecoms
- Discipline: DevOps
You are either a Developer who got interested in deployment and network operations or a System Admin who has a passion for scripting and coding and moved into the development side where you can improve the planning of test and deployment.
• Manage, improve, build and own build/CI/CD infrastructure to facilitate development team to deliver quickly. Infrastructure can be both on-premise and in-cloud. Managing services includes
• Architect, manage and own production services’ infrastructure to ensure services’ performance and availability matches SLAs. Infrastructure can be both on-premise and in-cloud
• Participate in developing architecture of new services and amend architecture of existing services to ensure services’ performance and availability matches SLAs.
• Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
• Work on making entrusted services (both customer facing and internal) reliable and performant.
• Help project team develop and implement proper workflows, policies and SLAs.
• Advise on using proper technologies and architectures to the team.
• Develop and manage monitoring for entrusted systems.
• Lead and manage a team of Dev Ops Engineers to help them develop and ensure there is appropriate sharing of responsibilities across the team
• Strong background in Linux Administration
• Good knowledge of networking, including firewalling, load balancing, routing.
• Working knowledge of at least one of monitoring technologies: Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus.
• Must have a good knowledge of infrastructure and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Terraform or similar).
• Good proficiency in AWS stack (EC2, ELB/ALB, RDS, EMR, VPCs/networking, S3), including, but not limited to, writing scripts on top of boto3( for python) or similar(for other languages) libraries and extensive use of AWS cli.
• Strong experience with SQL, MySQL/MariaDB administration experience (including, but not limited to optimizing SQL queries and database in general, setting up replication, clustering, etc(). Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB) is a plus.
• Proficiency (medium level) in at least one of following languages (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.) and desire to learn others. Specifically, most tools are developed in-house in Go and Python and you are expected to be able to improve/modify them if needed.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Good knowledge containerization technologies (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes) including, but not limited to, understanding of how networking and task scheduling works.
• Good working knowledge of source control technologies (e.g. Git, subversion).
• Prior production experience with and knowledge of at least one of following MQ technologies: RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka.
• Prior experience in architecting and working with distributed systems is a plus.
• Proven experience leading a team; must be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities
• Experience driving a long term strategy for Dev Ops and has the ability to influence a business on the required roadmap.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
• Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work on your own initiative;
• Attention to detail
- Date: 11.07.2018
- Deadline: 25.07.2018
- Quote ref: 0/1010