Our public sector client is looking for a SC cleared IT Category Manager for a London based 4 months contract at £530pd inside IR35.
Contract Length: 4 months
Location: Hybrid – WFH and London Office 1 or 2 days pw
Pay Rate to Candidate: £530 pd umbrella
Must have active SC clearance
Interview Process: 1 stage online
This role will be aligned to the Facilities Management (FM) category, and notably hard FM (although this will depend on the pipeline of work).
Your main stakeholders will be the Property (Property Projects and Operations & Maintenance) teams, notably the Project Managers and Contract and Supplier Relationship Owners in those areas (responsible for managing contracts and suppliers). You will also be liaising on a regular basis with the rest of the Procurement team and the Legal department.
You should maintain positive relations with the Property team, whilst implementing appropriate compliance regimes which enable and reflect the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Your role will focus on works and maintenance services, where you will lead the effective sourcing of contracts by:
- Influencing commercial strategy
- Creating and implementing comprehensive procurement strategies
- Running sourcing exercises, setting up Bank frameworks and/or using existing public-sector frameworks/DPS, using your experience to ascertain what strategies would be appropriate for the Bank’s requirements
- Experience of strategic sourcing in the construction industry (such as primary building Infrastructure, Civils, Mechanical or Electrical)
- Experience of FTS-level public procurement, including using public-sector frameworks and/or DPS
- Experience of NEC contract sourcing and contract administration
- Consistent track record of benefits delivery through the application of strategic sourcing techniques and use of relevant systems.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, with experience of working in a client-focused environment on whole project life cycles
- Ability to present at all levels
- Demonstrable excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team.