• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team responsible for turning concepts into production-ready user-centred services.
• Responsible for building accessible and performant interfaces across multiple devices and browsers.
• Work within a test-driven development (TDD) environment with modern web development tech stacks.
• Write and share quality test-driven code, using modern frameworks and development techniques.
• Responsible for Integrating into Back-end services, working with cross-functional teams to ensure services are built to high standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation of services is consistent, both internally and with the rest of wider UK government services.
• Responsible for Identifying and understanding technical and business constraints, and responsible for work within them whilst contributing back to existing government frameworks.
• Responsible for seeing the bigger picture within which the service operates to help define and maintain standards.
• Responsible for contributing to code reuse and contributions to shared repositories.
• Responsible for undertaking training to upskill on Front-end development techniques, methods and tools to further develop knowledge and skills.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
• Show a positive approach to keeping the whole team’s efforts focused on the top priorities. Promote a culture of following the appropriate procedures to ensure results are achieved on time whilst still enabling innovation. Ensure the most appropriate resources are available for colleagues to use to do their job effectively.
• Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and services to ensure delivery of professional excellence. Work with stakeholders to set priorities, objectives and timescales. Successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and gives value for money. Identify risks and resolve issues efficiently. Involve a diverse range of colleagues, stakeholders and delivery partners in developing suggestions for improvements. Establish ways to find and respond to feedback from customers about the services provided.
• Understands and has experience of a range of user-centred practices. Can work with colleagues to plan and do continuous user research in a multidisciplinary team. Able to demonstrate a working understanding of design, technology and data principles. Understands the variety and complexity of users’ digital needs and how the product will meet those needs. Understands the importance of assisted digital. Able to design services and make decisions to meet user’s needs.
• View Jest Development experience.
• Unit and Integration testing experience.
• Good working standards with HTML and CSS.
Interview Process: Skype/MS Teams