Our Public sector client is currently recruiting for a Field Support Operative/Auditor, on a 6 months contract basis, paying £186 p/d inside IR35.
Role: Field Support Operative
Contracting Authority: Network Rail
Contract Length: 6 months
IR35: IN SCOPE
Pay Rate to Candidate: £186 Umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
• Attention to detail • Computer literate • Excellent numerical and analytical skills • Able to work under pressure • Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills • A customer and team focussed approach • Full UK driving license Desirable • Experience with Oracle based IT systems Railway product knowledge.
To verify railway component inventory levels and perform systemic movements to address discrepancies within maintenance depots. Capture data to reflect whether storage facilities are being managed safely, efficiently and in accordance with Network Rail standards and legislation. To provide reporting mechanisms which capture non-compliance and offer customer support on improving control, safety and efficiency of their storage facilities. This is a field-based role, which comes with a job specific vehicle. This role covers the South East, including Anglia, Sussex and Kent. A full UK driving license is essential.
1. Produce audit schedule to support compliance. Maintain and communicate changes to relevant stakeholders
2. Provide effective communications of upcoming audits with customers, allowing adequate time for audit preparations
3. Perform site safety inspections prior to audit. Document findings and confirm whether the site is safe, compliant and in an auditable condition
4. Support the safe storage of materials through offering expert guidance, role modelling health and safety behaviours, fully adopting the Life Saving Rules and utilising the Close Call reporting mechanism
5. Provide accurate inventory verification and system movements with each audit
6. Produce accurate and punctual audit reports for distribution to stakeholders
7. Chair post audit closure meetings to discuss inventory discrepancies, COSHH, DSEAR and HSE non-compliances. Ascertain root causes for concerns and agree remedial actions
8. Resolve and/or escalate customer issues and queries
9. Direct and assist with the implementation of new stores facilities where possible
10. Direct and assist with inventory initiatives; including stock amnesties and surplus stock extractions