Our Public sector client is currently recruiting for a Employee Relations Advisor, on a 6 month contract paying £350 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Employee Relations Advisor
Contract Length: 6 months
Central Milton Keynes: Please note that this role is office based – 3 days per week in the office and 2 days from home. Candidates should be local to Milton Keynes.
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umbrella - £350
Security Clearance: DBS
CV Deadline: 4.00pm on 02/11/21
Interview Process: Microsoft Teams – one stage
Providing HR insight and input into the development of business strategy, including responsibility for the delivery of HR strategy, in line with operational business needs; Supporting managers in enhancing business performance through improving the performance, capability and motivation of its people; Provide the HR expertise to projects; Identifying and own HR best practice on behalf of the business.
Employment Tribunal – Administration
Employment Law knowledge
1. Provide professional, expert, face to face Human Resources advice, coaching and support to cross functional line managers when dealing with escalated complex Employee Relations cases across a defined geographical area and in line with Network Rail policies and procedures.
2. Provide clear guidance to managers regarding their responsibilities within a process or procedure and the elements the HR function will undertake.
3. Proactively manage and develop relationships and communication channels with Business Partner teams and HR Direct regarding complex ER cases and development requirements.
4. Development and delivery of targeted line manager up-skilling working closely with the HR Business Partner and broader HR Direct team on company wide initiatives.
5. Maintain and track case records and documentation through HR Direct and Network Rail systems in a timely manner.
6. Provide coaching, guidance and support to enable line managers to formulate pragmatic and business focussed solutions which are balanced with policy application and broader employment legislation.
7. Responsible for the provision of consistent advice to line managers and therefore required to liaise across the broader HR function and share knowledge proactively.
8. Proactively maintain own knowledge on Employment Legislation and Organisational awareness.
9. Provide support to the ER Operations Manager or HR Business Partner team/s as required/requested.
• A proven track record in a previous HR Advisory role, in particular experience of dealing with numerous and highly complex Employee Relations cases, up to and including Tribunal stage across a number of organisation functions within a large complex organisation.
• Demonstrates strong commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
• Experience of development and delivery of manager up-skilling both individually and through workshops/formal development interventions.
• Up to date Employment Law knowledge and practical application of legislation.
• Passionate about customer service and delivering professional HR support to the business.
• Capability to establish professional credibility quickly.
• Experience of coaching and influencing line managers and senior business leaders.
• Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Ability to travel and work across a geographical area covering numerous locations.
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
• Experience of a Unionised environment