Our public sector client is currently recruiting for a Snr Cloud Specialist, on a 10 month contract paying £550 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Snr Cloud Specialist
Digital/Non Digital: Digital
Contracting Authority: NHS
Contract Length: 10 months
Location: Remote but may need to travel to Leeds
Pay Rate to Candidate: £550per day
Minimum Requirement: Resource will undertake
Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure)
Interview Process: Teams
Experience of working within in a high-pressure environment, providing support for high-profile public services.
• An advanced understanding of Azure Cloud services in an enterprise environment, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and native services.
• Advanced experience of working with development tools such as Git and Azure DevOps
• Experience of continuous deployment, continuous integration methods and tooling.
• Bash/PowerShell/python scripting.
• Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/ARM and task automation.
• An advanced understanding of ITIL practices and release management.
• In depth experience of networking principals in the cloud and domain management.
• Experience of implementing and maintaining container/orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes in the production environment.
• Advanced experience working with automated configuration and deployment tooling using Terraform, ARM Templates and Ansible for example.
• Experience of designing and implementing stateless and distributed cloud architectures
• Knowledge of application and log monitoring platforms such as Splunk.
• An advanced working knowledge of Linux and Windows Server administration and the capabilities of each technology.
• Experience of successfully implementing a flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving and root cause analysis.
• Experience of monitoring enterprise services to ensure appropriate Service Levels are maintained and analysing monitoring data for and troubleshooting and reporting.
• Experience of working within Agile teams and in a DevOps culture.
• Be an effective member of a team, reporting on progress and issues at
• Able to make informed, and effective decisions.
• Able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant technical information. Consulting with others where appropriate.
• Ability to identify service improvements and to feel confident in highlighting them to colleagues and managers.
• May be required to provide occasional out of hours support for live services as part of the team's on call rota.