Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Digital Delivery Manager, on a 6 month remote contract paying £575 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Delivery Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: up to £575 per day
Interview Process: x1 MS Teams interview
About this role:
To work in the Contingency Solutions Team to define and deliver contingency solutions for the Digital Assistance Scheme (DAS). The scheme aims to support the continued movement of agri-food goods and live animals from Great Britain to Northern Ireland by developing simplified, seamless, digital systems for the completion of the certification and verification processes required to move goods.
Reports to G6 Delivery Lead and works with team members to capture requirements, develop delivery plans and drive delivery of contingency solutions for digital certification of goods moving between GB and NI.
• Engaging stakeholders and reviewing the end-to-end process to identify risks and potential points of failure for DAS
• Use risk analysis techniques to assess each point of failure and prioritise those requiring contingency solutions
• Evaluate requirements against the present state (what contingencies already exist) & the target state (what needs to be developed).
• Plan the development, testing and delivery of contingency solutions
• Engage industry and other stakeholders to test viability of solutions and prepare them for changes
• Monitor delivery against plan and produce progress reports
• Proactively manage delivery risks and issues
• Support the Delivery Lead in preparing papers for governance forums
• Must have proven experience in project delivery and risk and issues management
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Experience of working in a project or service delivery setting in a project management or service support role advantageous
• Experience of delivering business change and operational readiness desirable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders desirable
• The skills to quickly establish and build good relationships with others
• Ability to plan and facilitate workshops and meetings to deliver an agreed outcome
• Ability to work in fluid, high pressure environments and on multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and ability to work remotely within a team
• Worked in a previous G6/G7 role within a government authority
• Senior Management level experience
• Project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, Management of Risk, APM Qualification, ITIL) or relevant experience is essential