Our government client are currently looking for a Content Designer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 31/03/2021
Location: working from home
IR35: in scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450 -£600 per day
They key to filling this is finding someone who has service content design experience – not just flat content. Ideally someone who has worked in a large gov department designing content.
• Understanding of project phases – Ideally someone with discovery phase experience
• Accessibility experience is also really important
• GDS experience - Understands and has used gov design standards in content design before
• Worked in public sector before
• Ideally experience with Figma for prototyping
• Experience with Lucid Spark or Miro a bonus
• Worked in a Multidisciplinary agile team experience – working with Jira, Confluence
• Someone who is a good technical writer would be good (there is not much room for creative writing/marketing type copy in the role so technical writing is more aligned)
• Someone who has helped build specific services
• Some exposure to Service Design experience is nice to have
• A problem solver who can hit the ground running
• Put off by someone who has just written hundreds of copies
Understand different prototyping techniques and be able to use them to visualise content in context.
Identify important stakeholders and communicate with them clearly and regularly.
Contribute to content strategies and policies, and can create content patterns or standards.
Can identify tasks that will provide insights into a problem, formulate hypotheses, gain insights from data and user research and make decisions on findings.
Design content to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand, presenting the right information in the right format for what users need.
Have robust experience of writing, editing and publishing digital content.
Understand accessibility requirements and can design content that works with common assistive technologies.