Our central government client are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Manchester – min 2 days a week in office
Security Clearance: BPSS basic but they should be eligible to apply for Security Check (SC) clearance
For each item we would like experience with one or more of the named topics or technologies
• Linux Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 7/8, Use, operate, configure, patch and secure
• Security: TLS& PKI, Cloud Security, CIS Benchmarks, NCSC Cloud Security Principals
• Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints
• Cloud Provisioning: Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Cloud-init
• Cloud Experience: Deploying, Supporting, AWS (compute, networking, storage), GCP (compute, networking, storage)
• Virtualisation: EC2, VMWare
• Monitoring and Metrics: Graphite, Prometheus, Zabbix, Alert Manager, Pagerduty, Cloudwatch, Splunk
• Development Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
• Testing: Unit Testing, Infrastructure Testing
• Containerisation: Docker, Podman
• Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
• Version Control: Git
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: GitLab CI, Jenkins
• Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
• Clustering and load balancing: haproxy, traefik, nginx, service mesh (linkerd, istio, consul connect)
Person specification- the ideal candidate:
Flexible/adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Takes responsibility/ownership. Proactively removes blockers to ensure that work is delivered. Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
High standards. Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn’t bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment