Our government client are currently looking for x5 DevOps Engineers to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: London – min 2 days a week in office
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £700 UMBRELLA
Security Clearance: BPSS but should be eligible to obtain SC
CV Deadline: Role to remain open until filled
Interview Process: Skype/MS Teams
Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for an outstanding Dev Ops Engineer, who can make a positive impact, and wants to contribute to one of the most demanding and important Government services for the UK. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work – helping the government to better support millions of citizens who need help across the UK by developing and operating a reliable and secure platform.
Candidates must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, analysts and architects.
We are looking for the kind of person who enjoys a challenge. You will be working with hundreds of microservices across hundreds of instances alongside tens of delivery teams. Day-to-day you will be using your experience and technical skills to support the programme to design, implement, operate and evolve new and existing services and infrastructure. You’ll be using well established technologies within strict security constraints, that you’re welcome to challenge.
For each item we would like experience with one or more of the named topics or technologies
• Linux Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 7/8, Use, operate, configure, patch and secure
• Security: TLS& PKI, Cloud Security, CIS Benchmarks, NCSC Cloud Security Principals
• Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints
• Cloud Provisioning: Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Cloud-init
• Cloud Experience: Deploying, Supporting, AWS (compute, networking, storage), GCP (compute, networking, storage)
• Virtualisation: EC2, VMWare
• Monitoring and Metrics: Graphite, Prometheus, Zabbix, Alert Manager, Pagerduty, Cloudwatch, Splunk
• Development Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
• Testing: Unit Testing, Infrastructure Testing
• Containerisation: Docker, Podman
• Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
• Version Control: Git
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: GitLab CI, Jenkins
• Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
• Clustering and load balancing: haproxy, traefik, nginx, service mesh (linkerd, istio, consul connect)
Person specification- the ideal candidate:
Flexible/adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Takes responsibility/ownership. Proactively removes blockers to ensure that work is delivered. Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
High standards. Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn’t bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment.