This contract with our central government client is for a Data Engineer for 6 months. The role is located in Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester, Blackpool, or Leeds.
Core Purpose Data Engineers are responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, providing the foundations for data needs. Data Engineers are responsible for developing, constructing, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, implementing data flows to connect operational systems, and writing and executing ETL scripts and codes.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team that delivers proactive, innovative and insightful data products via agile philosophies, using best in practice cloud technologies that tangibly improves the outcomes for millions of citizens across the country. You will work closely with stakeholders to develop and maintain modern robust data products and services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the development of modern, efficient, robust data pipelines and products, making use of cloud native and best in class technologies as appropriate.
• Develop automated data ingest routines, workflows and mappings for structured and unstructured data.
• Development of complex data models for new and existing data sources to provide accessible and reusable data for the company, other Government Departments, and Private Sector Partners
• Define and implement version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of the product.
• Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
• Coach, mentor and develop more junior members of staff, building capability within the team and the data engineering practice.