Our government client are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 4 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: 370pd
Looking for an analyst to support monitoring and evaluation of an investment package to reduce reoffending. The role will involve working closely with policy, operational and analytical colleagues across the business.
The role involves leading the collection and collation of data from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress in implementation of activities resulting from the investment, outputs, and short/medium term outcomes and developing a dashboard to monitor progress against metrics.
• Building relationships with analytical, policy and operational experts to understand data analysis needs and appropriate data sources to conduct fast paced analysis.
• Collecting, collating, cleaning, analysing and quality assuring analysis of administrative and MI datasets using excel and R.
• Developing a dashboard containing a detailed and informative combination of metrics to measure progress against enabling rehabilitation and addressing reoffending
• Ensuring robust quality assurance of own analysis and supporting the quality assurance of analysis across the wider team in line with Aqua Book guidance.
• Clearly communicating complex analysis along with appropriate caveats to non-technical customers and senior leaders.
The following experience and skills are essential:
a) Excellent data manipulation and quantitative analysis skills, including manipulation of large, complex datasets, and development of dashboards
b) Experience of using Excel and R.
b) The ability to present complex analysis clearly to a non-technical audience
c) Experience of using quality assurance techniques to ensure robust analysis (i.e. to Aqua book standards).
a) Project management skills
b) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders.
c) Strong influencing and negotiation skills and ability to use technical knowledge to steer analysis in appropriate direction with buy-in from stakeholders.
The following experience and skills are desirable:
a) Experience of the criminal justice system
b) An understanding of the Government Statistical Service Code of Practice