Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Communications Support Officer on a 7 month contact paying £16.70 P/H inside IR35.
Role: Communication Support Officer
Contract Length: 7 months
Location: Remote but may need to commute into office into the office in Antrim – must have own transport
Pay Rate to Candidate: £16.70 per hour (umbrella rate)
Support effective and accurate communication, both internally and externally and in particular supporting ETS Manager in ensuring that external bodies and interested parties are involved and consulted throughout.
Write and distribute content to promote an ETS Programme and its objectives. Act as a liaison between the EA, the public, and the media.
Support the ETS Manager/EA by promoting ETS programme unique brand voice, developing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns, and social media management. Identify target audiences and execute strategies to engage said audience(s).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting the ETS Manager in all aspects of the planning and delivery of a corporate communications function for the ETS Programme/EA including the development and implementation of the Communications Strategy and progress reporting arrangements.
• Managing multiple communication campaigns across a range of functions using a range of channels including social media.
• Researching and developing communication policies and procedures for ETS Programme in line with EA policy’s including social media.
• Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to identify and address their communications needs with regard to ETS programme/EA.
• Drafting and editing content for a range of stakeholder communications.
• Reviewing and updating content on the staff intranet, the EA website and other web based communications.
• Maximising the opportunities for positive national and local media coverage.
• Proactive monitoring of the media and the political environment reporting on ETS/EA related issues to the ETS Manager, Head of Communications and CEO as required.
• Management of media queries relating to the ETS programme, producing media coverage reports, management reports related to media issues and assisting with the development of ETS EA’s media policies and procedures.
• Organising ETS staff meetings, production of internal briefings and communication plans.
• Co-ordination of specified communications activities and campaigns to ensure corporate and specific messages are delivered and the profile and reputation of the EA is maintained and enhanced.
• Co-ordination of the development of corporate materials including reports and promotional materials.
• Having due regards of the need to promote Equality of Opportunity and Good Relations in accordance with statutory duties of Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act (1998).