Our government client are currently looking for a Commercial Practitioner to join their team.
Location: Sheffield/London/Leeds, min 2 days a week in office
Minimum Requirement: As a Commercial Practitioner your main responsibilities would be:
• The overriding responsibility is to seamlessly deliver commercial services throughout the department whilst providing the best service and value possible.
• Leading the development and on-going management of commercial strategies at a departmental level.
• Working with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external) to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category initiatives.
• Project manage necessary workstreams and initiatives within commercial directorate to ensure timely delivery of objectives, ensuring all necessary process, including formal stakeholder engagement and approval are completed.
• Develop contracts procedures to enhance / streamline commercial and operational efficiencies
• Deliver agreed cost savings objectives
• Provide commercial advice to a wide range of stakeholders
• Leading market engagement, sourcing, tendering and a wide range of procurement activities
• Build trusted relationships with suppliers to hold professional discussions regarding contract information such as KPI’s/SLA’s, payment models, clause interpretation etc
• Experience of using data visualisation tools to present data findings and information
• Drafting, reviewing and advising on governance documents and processes such as papers for Commercial Board, Programme Board, gated project submissions etc.
• Support the on-going development of a best-in-class commercial function, executing projects in line with processes and expected high-quality standards
• Identify and implement continuous improvements to drive best practice throughout the category
You’ll have relevant experience in:
• Experience of analysing and understanding complex information, drawing conclusions and presenting clear findings to senior leaders and stakeholders.
• Ability to analyse data to make decisions and recommendations
• Experience of working on complex procurement / commercial project(s) including category and contract management, supplier management, managing commercial risk and a track record of delivery
• You will have good industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge-based challenges to senior stakeholders
• Be able to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
• You will be commercially astute with strong communication negotiation and influencing skills.
• Adept at applying fit for purpose commercial approaches in order to deliver real value
• Effectively manages multiple complex activities at any one time and can methodically prioritise
• A key team player – able to work well as part of a team, take ownership, give direction and feedback to colleagues
• Act as a role model - respond positively to change and influence future positive ideas and strategies
• You will have a realistic and pragmatic approach, keen eye for detail, be practical and focused on reaching a combined end goal