Our government client is currently looking for a Commercial Manager for a 4 months hybrid contract at £584.59pd inside IR35
Role: Commercial Manager
Contract Length: 4 months
Location: Hybrid – london 1 or 2 days a week
Pay Rate to Candidate: £584.59 (UMBRELLA)
Assessing the existing commercial landscape and looking at the impact on programme delivery. Designing and implementing approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the department. Leading on supplier integration with regards to relationship and cost impact upon the department. Clarifying the ability to terminate current contracts, working with programme finance leads to understand impact and realisation of any potential benefits. The ability to renegotiate existing contracts. Managing the impact of existing commercial financial models. Acting as primary point of contact between the incumbent supplier(s) and the department. The primary responsibility for this role is planning and executing procurement processes, that deliver strategic business outcomes and value for money, are compliant with procurement law, and demonstrate best commercial and procurement practice in line with Government Commercial Function policy and guidance.
• Leading the delivery of commercial advice and commercial activity across the full commercial cycle from commercial strategy to contract exit, informed by commercial risks and delivering programme objectives
• Leading the team to develop a strong and integral interface between business area and Commercial that encourages better understanding and interaction between the two teams. Manage and agree priorities and ensure an up to date procurement pipeline is maintained for the assigned spend under management.
• Provide expert commercial advice to peers or senior colleagues that draws on relevant procurement legislation, policy, information, supply market knowledge, and commercial experience. Monitor emerging commercial regulations and case law to identify implications for current and future procurement.
• Managing exemplary procurement processes from market engagement through to contract award , ensuring they conform to the highest standards, including policies, procurement regulations and with Government Commercial Function policy and guidance.
• Influence stakeholders at all levels to develop requirements that align best to suppliers and supply markets ability to deliver value. Ensure wider Government solutions/approaches (such as Crown Commercial Service) are used to best effect.
• Lead team to produce procurement strategies based on a deep understanding of the supply market, category, and business context for each specific procurement. Provide options and opportunities from commercial perspective looking at aspects such as requirements, solution options, risks, benefits and sustainability.
• Be accountable for the development, endorsement and implementation of appropriate commercial strategies to achieve objectives and drive excellent standards of supplier performance. Ensure effective financial management arrangements are in place for all contracts.
• Establish and manage procurement timelines, risk, mitigation's and deliverables, involving other professionals and teams when needs, taking personal responsibility for key documents.
• Responsible for competitions delivered by the team, ensuring accurate, comprehensive and transparent analysis, with recommendations to senior decision makers based on whole life costs that maintain full business ownership of the commercial outcomes.
• Provide continuity through a planned transition from tendering/contract award to contract management, which protects commercial gains and knowledge, manages risk, and ensures necessary resources and budgets are in place to appropriately manage the contract and maintain the expected value for money over the full contract term.
• Provide leadership direction, standards and advice to guide and motivate team, contributing to the culture of meeting the highest commercial standards and continuous learning and improvement.