Our client a central government department are currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team on 6 month contract based in Dounreay with work from home and paying up to £330pd inside IR35.
CV Deadline: 29th September
• Support project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of the Programme baseline.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
• Monitor internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and recommend remedial actions as appropriate.
• Produce/co-ordinate Project Documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMRs, works control documentation and project reports.
• Prepare handover documentation and support project handover.
• Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
• Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
• Liaise with works control centres to ensure timely supply of adequate resources both in the short and long term.
• Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
• Manage DSRL staff as a Line Manager.
• Management of contractor SSOW and works control process.
• Management of contract via CEMAR.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience
• HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
• 3 years Nuclear Industry experience
• 2 years contract management experience
• Experience in developing SSOW
• Hold current qualification in CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course
• Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
• Good general safety awareness
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to organise/co-ordinate staff/contract resources
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
• A positive approach, self-motivated, assertive and ability to use initiative
• Awareness of contract types and structure and contractual process
• Good understanding of safety requirements and knowledge for both industrial and nuclear safety management
• Ability to carry out deputy Project Manager Duties